Mukesh Ambani (born on April 19, 1957, in Yemen) is the Chairman, Managing Director and the biggest Shareholder of Reliance Industries Restricted – India’s Largest Private Sector Company; he is also the Chairman of a Reliance Retail Limited; a Director of Reliance Europe Limited, and Pratham India Schooling Initiative.
– Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani are sons of Late Dhirubhai Ambani, the founding father of Reliance Industries; but after his father’s loss of life the corporate was split between the two brothers. His younger brother heads Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
– He completed his schooling from St. Xavier’s High school in Mumbai; his Chemical Engineering from University of Mumbai and Masters in Enterprise Administration from Stanford College however dropped out after first 12 months and joined Reliance in 1981.
– He’s married to Nita Ambani and they’ve three youngsters: – Akash, Isha and Anant.
– He founded the world’s largest grassroots Petroleum Refinery at Jamnagar, Gujarat, India; the refinery has a capability of 6, 60,000 barrels per day, about 33 million tons per yr.
– He initiated Reliance’s backward integration from Textiles into Polyester fibers after which into Petroleum refining, oil and fuel exploration and manufacturing; he was the founding father of Reliance Infocomm Limited which is now known as Reliance Communication Restricted.
– Based on Forbes, as of Could 2008, his whole web value is valued at US$43 Billion; he is the richest man in Asia and fifth on the planet; his complete annual compensation as of 2008 was 6,000,000INR. He is related to 167 board members in 7 different organizations throughout three totally different industries.