Climate Change This Week: Faith Leaders Spread Photo voltaic, Wheat Crops Threatened, And More!
Hillary Clinton (D): Climate change is an pressing menace and a defining challenge of our time and its impacts are already being felt at residence and world wide.
The Plan: Make America the Clear Vitality Superpower of the twenty first Century with 3 goals by 2025:
– Generate half of our electricity from clean sources, with half a billion photo voltaic panels installed by 2020.
– Reduce power waste in American houses, colleges, hospitals and places of work by a third; make American manufacturing the cleanest and most efficient on the planet.
– Reduce American oil consumption by a 3rd by cleaner fuels and more efficient automobiles, boilers, ships, and trucks.
1. act and broaden on the vary of pollution and efficiency standards and clear vitality tax incentives that have made the United States a global leader in the battle in opposition to local weather change.
These requirements are important for protecting our health, saving Americans billions of dollars in energy prices, and creating thousands of excellent paying jobs.
2. launch a $60 billion Clear Energy Problem to associate with these states, cities, and rural communities that want to guide on clean vitality and energy effectivity, giving them the pliability, tools and resources they need to succeed.
Credit Mark Kauzlarich at Reuters
“In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals,” mentioned Jane Goodall, the famed anthropologist, shortly before Trump won the GOP nomination.
Donald Trump : There remains to be much that must be investigated in the sector of “climate change.”
No plan or methods. Simply “maybe”:
Maybe… we must always guarantee that each individual in the world has clear water.
Maybe… we should always deal with eliminating lingering diseases around the world.
Perhaps… we should focus on efforts to extend food manufacturing.
Perhaps… we should give attention to developing vitality sources that reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
Maybe Donald Trump Want to Try Some Texas Corn withered by climate- change-intensified drought. Or perhaps he is full as much as his eyeballs in corn already. Photograph: USDA at flickr
Perhaps Donald Trump does not know that burning fossil fuels:
– competes with our clear water supplies;
– creates pollution chargeable for cancers, and different major diseases;
– creates climate change that cuts meals manufacturing.
Maybe he would not Wish to know.
OO Trump’s Climate Science Denial Clashes With Reality
Of Rising Seas In Florida
If You don’t Vote For Local weather Motion, You may Forget The remainder – in a local weather-changing world of famine, drought, rising seas, giant storms and heat waves, there shall be no safety in jobs, well being, wealth, or nationwide safety. There will be chaos ensuing international crude oil price last 10 years from increasing crises and disasters. Vote.
OO International Warming Insurance policies We Set Today Will Determine The following 10,000 Years – of global warming, a brand new research shows — and whether or not our civilization survives or not: historical past shows that dangerous climate change has destroyed civilizations before.
This time, it might be worldwide. Let’s keep “The Hunger Video games” within the realm of fiction.
On their own Credit Jon Bragg at flickr.com
OO The Silencing Of The Seas: How Our Oceans Are Going Quiet
The oceans are stuffed with sounds produced by animals. Nonetheless, a current study shows that ocean sounds are diminishing as ocean life vanishes as a result of nutrient pollution and ocean acidification from rising, local weather-changing CO2 pollution.
OO US Atlantic Seaboard: ‘Ghost Forests’ Appear As Rising Seas Kill Timber along this coast, where sea degree rise from world warming is speedy.
Danger: Local weather Changing Methane Going UP – on account of unintentional leaks from fossil fuel mining and distribution structures, as this map of Boston methane leaks reveals. Source NOAA, US Navy
OO Now We know: Fossil Fuel Methane Emissions Are Going UP – Takeaways:
– methane is a far more highly effective greenhouse gas than CO2,
– however has a relatively brief atmospheric life, and is much rarer in the ambiance;
– it’s the second greatest fuel driver (CO2 is first) of climate change;
– emission growth charges slowed within the late 1980s -1990s,
– stalling in 2005,
– then shot up, as mining natural gasoline exploded,
– at the same time as different huge sources, from wetlands, rice cultivation, and biomass burning, have fallen.
Credit score Michael Lukovich
OO Fossil Gas Cash To GOP Grows, And So Does Climate Divide underscoring how much is riding on the November election for U.S. and world local weather policy.
OO UNESCO World Heritage Websites In Canada Threatened
Most often By Oil, Fuel And Mining which account for nearly a 3rd of threats to UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Canada over the last 30 years, say a sequence of UN studies.
If we do not grow sustainably,
Our children will die inhumanely.
Solar Retains DRIVING
OO India Enlisting Spiritual Leaders To Unfold The use of Photo voltaic Power – the government has requested spiritual leaders to put in photo voltaic power units of their ashrams, or hermitages, and promote this renewable type of energy amongst millions of their followers.
Each day Local weather Change: Global Map of Unusual Temperatures, Sept 29, 2016
Looking above at latest temperature anomalies, much of the US and the waters surrounding it are experiencing hotter than normal temperatures: the japanese Pacific warm spot continues and so does the drought in California.
A lot of the areas surrounding the North Pole are international crude oil price last 10 years experiencing a lot warmer than normal temperatures – not good news for our Arctic thermal shield of ice, which continues to decline. Hotter than usual temperatures continue to dominate human habitats.
Every single day is Earth Day, folks, as I was reminded by this wild flower I photographed one spring in South Africa. Making the U.S. a worldwide clean power leader will ensure a heck of much more jobs, and a clear, secure future. If you’d like to join the growing numbers of people who need to inform Congress that they may vote for clear energy candidates you may achieve this here. It’s our approach of letting Congress know there’s a robust clear energy voting bloc on the market. For extra detailed summaries of the above and other local weather change objects, audio podcasts and texts are freely out there.