History Of D.M.E.T Kolkata
Education and Science»
Colleges » most prepared and feared undergraduate joint entrance examination held by the IITs annually.
The students wishing to join the Institute has to qualify the written exam of IIT-JEE and separately apply to IMU for registering himself for considering his name for the rank list and getting a call for counselling.
The application form to IMU is on the market in early March.
Training Marine Engineers for the World
D.M.E.T – DIRECTORATE OF MARINE ENGINEERING TRAINING
D.M.E.T / M.E.R.I – HISTORY AND PRESENT STATE 2010
Training Marine Engineers for the World
Marine Engineering and Research Institute in Kolkata offers B. Tech (Marine Engineering) that help mould engineer officers for the merchant navy. After a chequered history stretching over six decades, MERI Kolkata is regarded as a prominent marine institute at the global level.D.M.E.T/M.E.R.I celebrated its Diamond Jubilee on 14-Dec-2010 with all round celebrations.
The land area of Institute is 33 acres.
1. Main College Building
2.1 Senior Hostel
HOW To achieve
You’ll be able to catch buses from Howrah railway station with route name
2. 12 C
3. 13 A
Approvals and Accreditions
1. The course has the approval of A.I.C.T.E.
2. WORKSHOP-M.E.R.I. has a large Workshop with adequate machinery, equipment and Steam and Diesel power plants for training and to fulfill I.M.O. and A.I.C.T.E. requirements. All of the A.I.C.T.E.’s requirements are met in class rooms and labs.
3. The Ministry of Education and Culture accorded approval to the graduation certificate issued by the Institution as being equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering with effect from 1980-1983 courses for the aim of recruitment to superior posts and services under the Central Government.
4. The Cadets graduating from M.E.R.I. are exempted from Class 4A the term continues to be used affectionately by modern difference between gasoline and petroleum ship’s engineering staff to describe their role”.
Marine engineering deals with manufacture, design and operation of ship machinery and engines. Marine engineering courses are related to the development and maintenance of the ships as well as other sailing vessels. The marine engineers are engaged in supervising the engine crew involved in operating the machines. In addition they check for the smooth functioning of all electric motors, steam engines and propulsive engines etc.
Marine Engineers having experience as Chief Engineer onboard Ship are given priorities in many jobs. They’re considered as practical engineers. They receive high priority and highly paid jobs with ease. The more prestigious shipping jobs are reserved for the marine engineers.
For the initial appointment as a junior engineer officer as well as for promotions, he will have to accumulate appropriate Certificates of Competency through the examinations conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport. The next examinations are being held periodically at different centres.
Ranks of Marine Engineers-
1. Extra First Class Engineer
2. Marine Engineer Officer Class difference between gasoline and petroleum I
3. Marine Engineer Officer Class II
4. Marine Engineer Officer Class III
5. Marine Engineer Officer Class IV
There are lots of shore based opportunities available to the Marine Engineering professionals throughout the world. They’re instead most sought after professionals in the Oil and Petroleum Industry, Mining Industry etc.
Institute of marine engineers India
Director General of Shipping
Following Website offer good content and are worth visiting
1. Technology blog for Indian Net Users, A real Indian Blog
2. An incredible blog offering great advice to those suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis and Arthritis
2. Indian website offering news and informative articles on Life Insurance to Indian Investors
Gifts height:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>Laptop Buying GuidesThe Best Laptops For Engineering Students (UK)
by Surem Khulkar1
CareersBiomedical Engineer – Education And Experience Requirements
by Patty Inglish14
Career FieldsThe Best Global Regions for Mechanical Engineers
by Patty Inglish12
Evaluating Colleges height:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>Evaluating Colleges height:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>Evaluating Colleges display: none;”>sendingArvind Kumar 3 years ago
Sir aapke skul ka no hi nhi mil raha hai kitna bar cal kiya
AuthorRaghavzx 6 years ago
on your kind suggestion. This hub is on the first result for the keyword and am getting quite hits on this hub.
Taking your advice into consideration I will certainly take steps in order that young gen can take note of it.
Thanks again in your feedback.
poorconservative1 6 years ago
If you’ll be able to you must attempt to direct this Hub toward young women and men looking for a career. I do not understand how you could do that but it would be good if you may.