– Residence /
– Your discipline /
– Refining & Chemicals /
– Refining, Petrochemicals & Pure Gasoline /
– Refining Processes & Petroleum Products
Refining Processes & Petroleum Products
Information / Registration
– Professionals within the Oil & Gas trade or related sectors (in the technical, industrial, legal, finance, or HR departments) curious about oil refining.
– This course provides a broad technical information on refining processes and petroleum products, enabling a fast immersion within the refining industry.
- Upon completion of the course, contributors will be capable of:
- study in regards to the composition, principal characteristics and new developments of petroleum products,
- perceive the function of assorted processing units in a refinery,
- describe the main manufacturing schemes encountered in oil refining,
- assess the financial atmosphere of this trade.
– No stipulations for this course.
- Detailed course material with a glossary of the principle technical terms used within the refining industry.
- Active participation of trainees by means of interactive video games and quizzes to know the important thing factors of the course.
- A abstract per unit is constructed to spotlight key process variables.
- Energy and non-power merchandise and their fundamental uses, CO2 emissions and essential regulated pollutants ultimately use.
- Principal components of petroleum products; normal hydrocarbon classification and foremost impurities (sulfur, nitrogen, metals and asphaltenes, and so on.).
- High quality requirements imposed on petroleum products in view of their utilization: quality specs measured by customary tests, characteristics related to the product composition, origin and processing routes.
- New trends in market construction and product characteristics to European and worldwide scale, post-combustion depollution systems, biofuels (nature, alternative gasoline pathways for transport, strengths and weaknesses).
- Crude oil fractionation:
- Origin, general traits and classification of crude oils.
- Yields and properties of straight-run cuts obtained by distillation, potential locations.
- Industrial units: atmospheric distillation, vacuum distillation, light-ends fractionation.
- Typical course of scheme, operating conditions, power consumption.
- Catalytic reforming and isomerization:
- Octane improvement of virgin naphthas.
- Basics of processes, kinds of catalyst, product yields and hydrogen manufacturing.
- Industrial units: process flowsheets, operating circumstances, gear, low strain processes.
- Hydrorefining processes:
- Major features of impurities removing by catalytic hydrogen therapy.
- Foremost refining functions.
- Example of ULSD hydrotreatment unit: working rules, working conditions.
- Scrubbing therapies: amine washing, sulfur manufacturing, therapy of residual gases from Claus units.
- Conversion items:
- Outline of conversion and varied cracking processes.
- Traits and origin of feeds for cracking.
- Conversion by the use of thermal cracking: visbreaker, various cokers.
- Conversion by means of catalytic cracking: FCC and associated items, gasoline sweetening and desulfurization, alkylation, production of MTBE, ETBE and propylene, hydrocracker and associated items, hydrogen production (SMR, POX).
- Latest developments in hydrotreatment and hydroconversion of heavy residues.
- Hydrogen balance within the refinery, power consumption per unit, CO2 emissions at the outlet of the refinery.
- Other processes for production of petroleum products: GTL, synthetic crude oils.
- Essential routes to main merchandise.
- Updated refining schemes together with the manufacturing of petrochemical intermediate products.
- Impacts of the evolution of market demand and the quality of the products on manufacturing patterns.
- Base lube oil manufacturing.
- Prices of crude oils and merchandise, working costs, economic margin of a refinery.
- Examples of flexibility in operation and its economic penalties.